To help keep patients safe and reduce the risk of infection, the following procedures will be followed at Stuart Best Osteopathy.
1. The night before your appointment you will be sent a text confirming your appointment and asking you to complete a very short COVID-19 screening form. You are required to reply to this message to confirm your appointment.
A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
2. If you have new symptoms on the morning, or at any point thereafter on the day of your appointment, you are required to contact us via phone, text or whats app to inform us and cancel your appointment.
3. You are expected to attend your appointment by yourself. If you need a carer or family member present please inform us of this at the time of making your appointment.
4. When you arrive for your appointment your temperature will be taken to confirm you do not have a temperature.
5. You will be asked to sanitise your hands with the sanitiser provided before entering the therapy room.
6. During your appointment you will be required to wear a face mask. Please being your mask with you. If you fail to bring a face mask you will be asked to purchase one from us.
7. The osteopath will also be wearing a face mask during your appointment.
8. During your treatment you will be asked to dress down to your underwear.
You may bring a pair of shorts with you to change into if you prefer, ideally these will be running style shorts rather than board short style shorts.
Female patients may wear a sports bra if preferred, however this may compromise the effectiveness of any treatment to the upper back, neck or shoulder region.
A wipable plastic box will be provided for you to place your clothes into, this will be in the changing area provided.
9. If you wish to have a towel to drape over you during treatment, please bring your own towel with you. We are unable to provide you a towel due to COVID safe practice procedures.
10. Patient appointments are spaced out to ensure there is time between treatments.
As such please ensure you arrive on time.
If you arrive early, you may be asked to wait outside.
Your appointment will end at the allotted time, sessions cannot run over as this would affect the spacing between patients which is in place to allow time to air the therapy room.
11. You may be asked to complete online medical history and screening information prior to your appointment to help reduce in clinic contact time.